Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Session of Conference



I thought I would just post some thoughts and feelings I had as I reflect on what was said. I loved the talk on "angels" and how we can be angels in people's lives. I have had many "angels" and hope that I can be an "angel" for others. I love that we were reminded to continue to live within our means. It was a good reminder that prayer should not just be a before bedtime habit, but should be always. I have a better understanding of faith, hope, and charity and how they work hand in hand. I enjoyed the primary choir and so did Jace. He stood in front of the television, stopping what he was doing, and stared in amazement that kids were singing on the tv. I don't think he blinked once. I thought it was interesting that there are temples being completed left and right and amazed that there will be a temple in Italy.
I often feel like the first presidency and the quorum of the twelve are so distant...kind of like our presidency of the United States...but the difference is that I have no doubt that the church leadership will NOT lead us down deceitful paths. I am so glad that they are encouraging us to do more and be better people. Who doesn't love conference weekend!

2 comments:

Riva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Riva said...

I love General Conference! As always, it's so actioned packed! Afterwards, I always want to shout: "Go Team"! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!