Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I said I was glad that we finally have grass, but there are a few downfalls of having grass. Because we received a good amount of rain this past weekend and also the sod has to be watered 3 or 4 times a day...the surrounding areas of our grass have this fun thing that boys love....called....MUD! My worst nightmare today came true. We haven't been super warm these days, but Jace wanted to play outside anyway...I said "okay, just for a little while and you have to stay on the side walk." Of course Jace would say "okay". Before I know it, Jace is in the mud with his cute dump truck. I said "hurry, get on the side walk" and then he falls in the mud, because it is that thick...get your feet stuck, you're not going anywhere kind of mud. So the good mom that I am, go into the mud to help him up. Well the next thing I know is that my sandals are stuck in the mud, my feet are well planted in the mud and Jace is saying "No, no, no" meaning he isn't done playing in the mud. I was seriously upset...it was not on my agenda to play in the mud today or fight a child while in the mud, especially since I was wearing khaki pants and a white shirt. These pictures will show you how innocent he looks and you will see the caked on mud on my feet and his new shoes (thanks to grandma). I really tried to not show my anger towards him, by turning it into a fun moment. Needless to say...we spent the rest of the morning INSIDE!



4 comments:

Jennifer Romero said...

Oh your and him are barely dirty. I figured you would have been covered.

Joy Salmon said...

What a good mom you are!

Judee said...

Boys will be boys and we love them for it....this makes me think of the part in Toy Story when Mrs. Potatoe head says she is packing her angry eyes with a smile...If I have learned anything from raising my boy it is to pack my angry eyes with a smile!

Peggy said...

These are the best memories - enjoy them forever!