Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The things that Jace will say!!!

So, this blog post is more for my memory than anything.  Jace has said some really funny things lately and I just want to remember them.

First,
I had decided to clean early one morning and so I pulled my bangs and hair back and just stayed in my pajamas.  Now I did get the kids bathed and dressed, but it was a working day for me and so why shower and get dressed if you are just gonna sweat up a storm.  By about 3-4pm that afternoon, Jace started to look at me funny and questioned me as to why I was still in my pajamas.  I replied that I had been cleaning and reminded him that he had been helping me.  He continued to educate me, "Mom, it is good for our bodies when we shower and get dressed everyday!"  I was not sure of what to think, but I do know that he is definitely learning in preschool because they just finished up there unit on taking care of our bodies.  Not sure if he was trying to be funny or if that was just his nice way of telling me that I just looked "frumpy"!

Second,
While Jace is staring in my chest area...he asks me, "Mom, can I touch your bumpies?"  I was shocked and said, "What did you say?"  I was really thinking that he has no idea what he was saying or I that I was not understanding.  He repeated what he had said, but started to reach for the chest area, when I realized that "bumpies" were the jewels on my shirt. I was wearing a shirt that has jewels on the front in the chest section.  Both kids seemed to love the sparkle and dazzle of it.   It was so innocent, but quite hilarious.

He also is moving into a new phase where he is testing his limits of obeying and being honest.  Really, this is not one of my favorite phases.  He has already had to make a phone call to apologize to someone for lying.  Who knew it would be so hard sometimes as a parent to teach honesty and respect.  No wonder the kids out there are so "messed up."  (Brett could tell you stories about how slacker parents affect their children).

PARENTING TAKES WORK....HARD WORK!!!

1 comment:

Jereelyn said...

So funny!Jace is so intelligent and observant. You definitely have a big responsibility in raising and teaching him, and you are already doing an awesome job. Love ya