Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

Waiting in the hallway until Mom has the camera ready to go.
Jace awoke at 6:30 and was ready to wake his sister up.  Just my style...I always LOVE getting up early.  Brett on the other hand would love to sleep until 8 or 9. 
Jace got a Bumble Bee blaster and helmet from Santa.  Santa had to work really hard to find this one, since they don't make either of them anymore. 
Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Eggett, Jace is the proud owner of a Buzz Lightyear with wings. 
Mckelle was spoiled She received this big wheel from Santa and is so excited to have her own and not have to ride Jace's motorcycle anymore.
Overall, we had a WONDERFUL Christmas.  We were very spoiled and we feel so blessed to have all of you in our lives.  For me, I feel like every year I learn more and more about the story of Jesus.  This year it really clicked for me and was very apparent to me that Heavenly Father does have a plan for each of us and puts people and things in our life for a purpose, just as he did in Jesus' life.  The wiseman brought him gifts, just as we can, and those gifts were part of the plan so that they could flee before King Herod carried out his plan.  Without those gifts (which were of great monetary value), who knows if Mary, Joseph  and Jesus could have fled to safety.  I know that there is a God, that Jesus is real and not just a story, and that as we draw closer to him, we feel his love and peace for each of us.  I hope that all of you enjoyed your Christmas as much as I did mine.

3 comments:

Kim said...

What patient little kids to wait for the camera. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas.

Shay said...

so happy Jace got his wings. & I loved your CHRISTmas reminder!!

ps I love the pic of you & McKelle on the side "gadgets" swimming...I think you're adorable with bangs!!

Le said...

It was good to see you guys on Christmas! Truly the only way I stay caught up on people is blogs so I love seeing all the fun things you do!