Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Painting Christmas ornaments

I don't usually do "messy" crafts with my kids, because I am too worried they will ruin my stuff...silly I know.  But our neighbor made them some ornaments and even let us borrow the paints (since I don't do that kind of stuff).  They painted them on Christmas eve as part of the festivities.  They really enjoyed themselves and it made me think that I ought to let them express their artistic side a little more.


The next pictures are just some festivities that we did on Christmas eve day and evening.

Brett pulled out his guitar...at Jace's request!  The kids loved it and Brett actually remembered quite a bit.

Mckelle playing with the nativity before we went through the story.  I LOVE my new nativity (Thanks to the Wollenziens) that the kids can actually touch and engage with.

They were beaming with excitement as they waited to open their gifts...I was so thankful that they were paient enough to let me get a picture.

The mess after...Mckelle is and always has been OCD about a mess...it has to be cleaned up right away in her mind.

Brett, Mckelle, and Jace with their new Pillow Pets...a unicorn and a dog.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

You took some good pics at the Gateway! Much better than mine :) I love the ornaments you made. Way to go on branching out into messy-ness!

Kim said...

Good job on letting them make messes. It really is worth it. Love those pillow pets.

Peggy said...

They are growing sooo fast. What a good Christmas y'all had. Wish we could have been with you. Know what I love??? Those DIMPLES!

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

It's so fun to get a peek into your family's traditions-in-the-making. The ornaments are so cute--looked like the kids really had fun!