Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jace is 3

Three years ago, we had the sweetest boy join our family. He is so gentle hearted, fun and humorous, the life of the party, and extremely smart. We are so glad to have him in our family.

I also wanted to recap his birth story. I labored all day on the 23rd and went to the hospital about 7:15pm. After a ton of paperwork, an epidural, and some relaxation...I was to a 10 way faster than the doctor expected. He had me rest for two hours and then we started to push for 2 and a half more. Only to our dismay...we were not making more progress. After a hard decision, we decided to use the forceps, which was a great option for our sweet boy, but not for me. He was born at 2:29am on the 24th of January and was healthy. I didn't get to hold him for about another 2 hours, due to all the stitching that had to take place after my class III tears (I don't recommend that for anyone...it took at least 6 months to fully recover from those tears). Also, they had to restabilize me from being in shock...it was a very horrific experience...hence, I gave birth naturally with no epidural to our next one, with a different doctor. I didn't want a repeat of his birth. All in all, I am glad he is here and love how much he blesses our life on a daily basis!!

These are just a few of the cute pictures I have. There are a lot and there were way too many to chose from. We have a ton of cute videos of him too...but you will have to look through the blog to find those.








The birthday party with the cousins!



Since his birthday fell on a sunday this year, the next day Grandma and Grandpa Jenson took him bowling...which was so fun! He tied with Grandpa bowling a 105!!!

7 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

He's such a cutie!! What a fun day with Grandma and Grandpa. :)

Shauna said...

oh Happy Birthday to Jace! I'm sorry we missed it and weren't here. Tate is pretty sick this week but when he gets better he'll bring Jace his gift. Congrats to your parents too! That will be so neat. Wow Texas.....that's where we will be too! Miss you and hope you're doing good!

Stephanie said...

How fun! Jace is such a good little one. Savannah was excited to see all the pictures of he. She must still recognize him a little.

Joy Salmon said...

Jamee! I personally think that the harder and miserable the postpartum recovery the better the kid! lol! I can only say that because mine too was pretty bad.. and I have a wonderful boy too! thank heavens we forget the gory details and always remember the best details about the immediate love we truly have for our kiddos. thank heavens for little babies! happy be-lated birthday buddy! we love and miss you guys!

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

Good for you for seeking out the kind of birth experience you wanted the second time around. It is so worth it!

Jace is so adorable, he is one cute kiddo! Lucky you :-)

Nicole Mecham said...

I LOVE the 2nd picture down. I can totally see little Jace in there. He really is such a sweet kid and a smarty pants! It helps that he has great parents to show him the way. I am so glad I know you! P.S. Please don't move away for another year until we are done with school too ;) .... thanks!

W.M. said...

so cute!!! he is seriously one the best little kids I have ever met... u r lucky..