Friday, April 10, 2009

Last Day of Work!

So yesterday was my last day of work and it was kind of bittersweet! About 2 weeks ago, Brett and I decided it was time for me to be at home full time for a couple of reasons...but to name a few....
Brett is so close to finishing school he just needs more time to work on his thesis and this will free up one to two days a week that he can actually spend on it instead of being home with Jace (Because we all know you can try to get things done while watching a child, but really is ineffective).
Two, I am 5 and half months prego and working is way more exhausting than when I was prego with Jace....probably because I could go home and sleep and not have to worry about coming home to a family and house that still needs my care.
And last of all, we just felt the promptings that this is the time and we have been so blessed since just making the decision. We have felt that this is really important to our Heavenly Father for all the little things that have come together for our good.
We don't know exactly how it will work out financially, but we have a pretty good idea at this point of how much we will have to take out of savings each month.
As David O McKay once said, “No other success can compensate for failure in the home.”
Wish me luck...I hope I can be a great "stay at home Mom"!

2 comments:

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

Good luck! Be easy on yourself during the transition time--I know when I "retired" from my non-profit work, it was hard in some unexpected ways, saying goodbye to something else I loved to make a little more room for, well, the people I loved. I know the Lord will bless you both as you make such an important decision--and for what it's worth, I think you are a great mom!

Tosha said...

You are already a great mommy for making the decision to sacrifice other things to spend time with your son. He will love having you home all of the time and now you can take better care of yourself before your little one arrives! I am so happy for you!