Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're Moving!

So, for those of you that don't know, we heard back on the Springs (housing based off of your income). We were accepted and now just have to wait until they are built. They gave us an estimated move in date of mid august. We are so excited. They are beautiful 3 bed/2 bath/2 car garage duplexes with fenced backyards. A few things we are excited about are:
~efficient AC and heater
~being able to park 2 cars in the garage and not just one
~garage opener and garage that is connected to the house
~tons of young families (kind of like student housing)
~brand new house...not having that feeling of someone else's germs and stuff
~a new ward with new people and new callings

A few things we are sad about:
~leaving our ward and friends that we have had for the past 3 years
~the canal in our backyard and it's tranquil sounds

We just gave our 30 day notice yesterday, and it felt so good. I am sure some of you understand that a little more than others. We have enjoyed our experience in this house, but we are ready for a change. I'll keep you posted on the upcoming move!

3 comments:

Joy Salmon said...

I am so excited for you guys! I think you guys are making a smart move and I can't wait to come up and help and see you guys! I love ya!

Peggy said...

How's the packing going? Wish I was there to help - let me know if you want us to come up - we're willing!!

Unknown said...

Wow thats crazy that you are moving! We are also packing...moving next week! I sure do miss you too! How is Janette doing? I can't believe how big Jace is. He looks so grown up!!