Saturday, July 26, 2008

DaDa!

Last night Brett was working from 3-11:30 and Jace and I were taking him dinner after we ran a few errands. So, we get in the car and when we pull into Shopko, Jace says "Dada? Dada?" I said "no, not yet". We went in and did our thing and then went to Lowes and yes, you guessed it...I hear from the back seat "Dada? Dada?" I said, "not this stop, but the next one". So we went in and bought a few organizing totes and then got back in the car. When we pulled up to the hospital (this is where Brett works) Jace got so excited---Dada Dada! So when Brett comes down he gives Jace a hug and Jace kept saying "out, out, get down!" Brett said "Sorry bud, I have to go back into work" Jace started crying and saying "no, no, no". I tell you this because it was the sweetest thing in the whole world to watch my son just long for his Dad. It definitely melted our hearts. I feel in my heart, time and time again, that there is such a need for both parents. I could never fill the role that Brett plays in Jaces' life and vice versa. I am so thankful for Brett and the sweet husband and loving father that he is. I couldn't have asked for a better soul mate!

3 comments:

Judee said...

There really is truth in the saying families are forever...no matter how hard it may get!

Le said...

That is adorable.

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

I love that age when my boys suddenly attach to their dad more. This post reminds me of this. Soren still needs to check in with me, but the morning Renaun left for work this week, he went into our closet and asked, "dad dad?" as if Renaun was in there. He loves his dad even more now and loves to "wrestle" with him in the bed. Precious relationships!