Wednesday, June 25, 2008

BEAR LAKE!!!!

We went to Bear Lake this past weekend for a Nelson (my mom's side of the family) Family Reunion. They have been having reunions for 29 years now! Well, originally it was just going to be Brett, myself, and Jace representing the Jensons...due to travel, time, and distance for the rest of them. But sure enough Grandma Jenson called Wednesday night and said "Surprise, I am coming tomorrow!" We were so excited to have her come. It can be so hard being far away from family. But she came and we enjoyed the sun, sand, water, playgrounds, bike trail (which we did with our new bikes that we love...I will post pictures later), games, food, family, crafts...the list goes on. I have now realized that vacations with little kids are not much of a vacation for the parents...I was thoroughly exhausted by the time we came home. I wouldn't have traded the memories for nothing...even with all the exhaustion. Here is some of the fun we had!
You wouldn't believe how sandy his overalls were...and not just his overalls! He got it in his diaper too! He really enjoyed playing in the sand and luckily didn't get sunburned!

Playing in the sand with a bucket, shovel, and OF COURSE a truck!

This is Jace in his early graffiti stage...it's those foam sticky animals. He enjoyed putting them on the staircase. Grandma Jenson showed him how...SO...I guess if he turns out to be a hoodlum we can thank Grandma...just teasing!

4 comments:

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

Glad Jace and your family could make good memories :-)

I hear ya on the vacation thing..."more fun for kids than mom and dad"... oh, yeah. I just tell myself, it's all about the memories, it's all about the memories...

Judee said...

What a boy...sand, dirt, mud - who cares about the clothes, it's all about the smiles. Hopefully we will be able to make it next year!

Peggy said...

Just goes to show you how different generations think - I would never have associated this with grafitti. Love this little guy and so glad to have time to spend with all three of you. XOXO

Le said...

Your little boy is getting very big! Cute blog! As long as a little boy is dirty he's happy!
LeAnne