Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy 26th Birthday to Me!

I had a birthday today...and the older you get the more it just seems like another day. Especially being far away from family. But for the most part it has been a great birthday. Brett, Jace, and I went riding on our new bikes - yep - that is what I got for my birthday. Then while Brett went to class, Jace and I did some shopping...not always the funnest with an 18 month old...but I wanted to get a few things. Then we came back to the house and enjoyed the outside...since we are finally having great weather. For dinner we had my aunt and uncle over and we all enjoyed knock off Cafe Rio sweet pork salads....can someone say YUMMY! Of course we did the cake and ice cream thing. So...like I said...just another day with just a tad bit of excitement.

I also wanted to say thank you to my parents for bringing me into this world. When I talked to my Mom this morning she reminded me that she went through 3 shifts of nurses and 14 hours of hard labor...Thanks Mom for sticking with it for that long...you did great! Being a mother now...there is nothing that can compare to the miracle of birth and the joy of being a parent. I can never say enough about my cute son who is amazing...and no, I am not partial to saying that. Anyway...HaPpY BiRtHdAy to me!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

You make our family complete. I'm glad you came to our family. I hope all your birthdays are as special as you!! Love ya much.

Judee said...

Happy Birthday to you! We sure miss not having you close to be able to celebrate with you!

Amy said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday Jamee dear, happy days will come to you all year.... you know how the rest of the song goes right?! Anyway, happy late b-day!! May all your dreams come true!! When do you start working down here?

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

happy belated bday!

i heart watching DeAnna and co., too ;-)