Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mckelle is 18 months old!!!

She has been busy taking life on.  She loves to play outside, especially with Jace's toys.
She is so adventurous and loves exploring the playground...all on her own...with Mom at a close distance, more for my sake than hers.
 She is still very independent and shows me everyday by wanting to do things on her own...like frost a valentine cookie.
 She is still as mischievious as can be.  I start to panic when I hear too much quietness.

But what has really changed is that she is about 85% potty trained.  She was totally ready.  She would come to me right after she went in her diaper and wanted it off.  The only thing I could do was to jump in and do it.  I DREAD POTTY TRAINING...I HATE IT WITH A PASSION.  That said, she has made it absolutely a piece of cake.  She is doing awesome.  She has even stayed dry during naps and almost all the way at night.  She does have a few accidents here and there, but overall she is seriously AMAZING.  We are talking about one driven girl with her own agenda.
Yes, potty training is a FAMILY affair!
Mckelle weighs in at 21.4 lbs.  Her verbal skills have taken off.  She has started to repeat what we say and it is so cute, especially when she prays.  She recently got her very first ear infection, but I could hardly tell until she spiked a fever.  She is such a tough girl.  I hope that she takes all these strong qualities and uses them to be a leader among her friends.  We love her and are so lucky to have such a pistol in our family!


4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my that is awesome! I am so jealous that she is almost potty Trained. Jackson needs to spend some time at your house! She is so darling!

Le said...

I love those pigtails! Potty training is a family affair! Way to go.

Shay said...

haha I love that it's a family affair. That is so awesome that she is potty trained..& props to you for jumping on when you could tell she was ready. Major Perk: saving $$money$$ on diapers!!

Nicole Mecham said...

I am so jealous and how well your kids potty train! That is awesome! I miss your cute little family. I am always so impressed at how fast your kids start talking. You are one awesome mother and I am sure you spend the time with them to help them learn. Keep up the good work Jamee!!!!