Friday, November 7, 2008

My airport security experience!

Yesterday, Jace, my great grandma (GG), and I went to the airport to fly home to Henderson to see the family. Everything was going great and just as I was thinking we were free and clear to go to the gate, one of the TSA officers said "who's bag is this?" Of course it was mine....I was thinking I have nothing in there that could be of a security risk. She asked me if she could search my bag and I said "yes, of course". I have nothing to hide. She mentioned in passing that they thought there was ammunition in my bag. For a moment, I thought she was crazy, but then it dawned on me that I have a bullet key chain on my key ring. Now jumping back in the last year...I have flown at least 4 times and this was never questioned. Well, it was yesterday...and I totally felt like a criminal/terrorist. She removed the bullet from my key ring and then said "For obvious reasons we are going to have to confiscate this". I felt so dumb for not even thinking about it, but I do have to give myself credit....those of you who have taken a child with you on the plane....there is so much to pack and worry about, the least of my worries was a bullet on my key ring. I am thankful for their security and their efforts to try and protect us and keep us safe, but seriously, I was so embarrassed and now I will have to find me a new bullet key chain (not to hard to do, really). I just thought I would share this hilarious embarrassing moment...Enjoy!

2 comments:

Riva said...

Oh my what a story!! You better write that in your journal!! ;) Thanks for sharing!!

Shauna said...

That is so funny jamee! I love it, what a great story. It made my day :) I know you are probably having so much fun with your family, but tate can't wait for Jace to get back and play!