Friday, February 29, 2008

Moms don't get sick or should I say they CAN'T get sick!

For the last two weeks the Eggett family has been suffering from the flu...aka influenza type A. All three of us have suffered from the various symptoms of a wicked cough, a spiking fever, uncomfortable achy body, endless runny nose and congestion. Jace is almost completely over it with just a little cough and runny nose. Brett didn't suffer too bad since he has been on antivirals, antibiotics, steroids, and he did have a flu shot. But really what I wanted to blog about is how moms have the hardest time getting better because they are busy taking care of everyone else. I was almost better and then with the stress of life and trying to take care of the family, I totally did a u-turn, my fever spiked, my ribs are bruised from coughing so much, and I actually was sick to my stomach and just so weak. When I went to the doctor, she asked me "Have you been pushing yourself to get the daily things done?" I answered "Of course I have. I am a mom and I work. Life goes on with or without me". Well, we all know how the doctor responded...she just reminded me that if I don't take care of myself, that it could last forever. Thankfully she gave me an antibiotic and I promised myself that for the rest of the weekend I will try and get as much sleep and rest as possible. If any of you know my personality.....this is extremely hard for me. The one positive thing about having the flu is that it is just hopefully a sign of spring...which I think all of us are ready for. I am...for SURE!

3 comments:

Judee said...

So true, so true...and as my boys tell me, don't get sick again!

Driel said...

I cannot wait for spring and to never be sick again:-)

Brooke S said...

Are you feeling better? If you need food, call me!!!!!